School Closure Home Learning
I hope this message finds you well and that you have enjoyed a new style of Easter holidays as a family! I have seen some wonderful activities that you have been up to and I know this is only a fraction of what has been going on! I know I am missing all the children immensely and hope we will soon be back at school!
Now that the packs have run out all work will be set via Google Classroom. There will be a daily English and Maths activity which will follow a similar pattern each day provided by the excellent team at Hamilton Trust. I know all of KS2 are following these resources as they are well executed for this period.
Daily I will also provide science and foundation subject activities to follow what we would have been working on in school- focusing on Plants in Science and The Anglo-Saxons as our topic.
As always I am keen to hear about what else the class has been getting up to either via Google Classroom or via email!
Please do remember to stay safe online, and take a moment to re-read the online safety message below!
Online Safety Message
Some of our learning tasks in Beech Class involve finding out information online and using web links to videos and websites. Please remember to include ‘child’, ‘children’ or ‘kids’ in your search. This will help to filter out any adult/unsuitable content.
Check out the key message:
Always remember what KS says: If you have ‘yukky feelings’, then Say NO, Walk Away and Tell a Trusted Adult. The same rules apply online as in real life. Ask an adult if you are unsure about ANYTHING online. Make good, sensible choices and ask for help if something goes wrong.
You can also message your teachers via Google Classroom and we will help you.
We would always urge parents to carefully monitor what their child is accessing online. All links and videos provided are checked by staff to ensure their suitability however links and suggestions will not have been. Please ensure your child is safe when accessing online material.
I hope you are all well and I look forward to seeing you all soon,
Additional help for the timetable and explanatory notes for the tasks will be provided on our Google Classroom. Logins are in the packs provided as are explanatory notes. The children have used it on both PC and iPad so should have some understanding of how it works, however if you need any support please contact me through the school office and I will be happy to assist where I can.
Google Classroom is where the majority of this classes work will be posted and handed in. Please ensure you can log in ASAP and if not do get in touch.
Children should login in with their individual email and password provided.
There are suggested websites below too for further activities.
Please note the need to press the ‘hand in’ button once a task is completed on Purple Mash or Google Classroom or I will not be able to see your work.
If you feel like you want some additional activities below are some suggestions and ideas for you:
- Choose a reading challenge task to complete. Click on the blue link below to access the tasks. You could use your home-school book or another book from home for this. You can email your work to your teacher via the school office or complete the task on paper and hand it in to your teacher once you return to school. Reading challenge KS2
- Try some of the trickier reading challenges if you prefer: Harder reading challenges KS2
- Click on http://www.pobble365.com/ and have a go at one of the daily writing challenges.
- Find out as much as you can about The Romans or The Anglo Saxons and create a poster or PowerPoint presentation to show the class upon your return.
- Revise and practise some of the Year Three and Four spelling patterns via https://spellingframe.co.uk
- Daily Reflection: Perhaps you would like to find some where quiet to say or write a prayer? If you prefer, you might like to try some mindfulness activities to help you to feel calm and peaceful. There are some nice ideas on: https://biglifejournal.com/blogs/blog/5-fun-mindfulness-activities-children-breathing-exercises
- Learn to stay safe online while playing ‘Band Runner’: https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/8_10/
- Research the Easter Story in more detail and focus on the different things that happened during Holy Week. You could produce a booklet or a diary as if you were one of Jesus’ disciples.
Useful Websites for learning activities:
TT RockStars (each child has their own individual login): https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student/4927
NumBots (each child has their own individual login):
Purple Mash (each child has their own individual login): https://www.purplemash.com/sch/stwilfridsla2
Please note that Twinkl (large online teaching/learning resource bank) have recently opened their whole site free to parents: go to www.twinkl.co.uk/offer and enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS
Welcome to Beech Class
Beech class is a class of 35, Year 3 children. Our teachers are Mrs Peatman and Mr McLeod, supported by Mr Hartley, Mrs Lakin and Miss Brown. Mrs Hathaway teaches on a Thursday afternoon.
We have had a busy year in class so far and are looking forward to seeing where our learning takes us as the year progresses.